There is a lot going on with Alabama’s Junior Thespians! First, we want recognize the following Junior Troupes from across the state:
The Academy for Academics and Arts (Troupe #89345)
Alabama School of Fine Arts (Troupe #89151)
Baldwin Arts and Academics Magnet (Troupe #89432)
Berry Middle School (Troupe #88177)
Dunbar Middle School (Troupe #89113)
Hewitt-Trussville Middle School (Troupe #88879)
J.F. Drake Middle School (Troupe #89183)
Lee-Scott Academy (Troupe #89133)
Our Lady of the Valley School (Troupe #88732)
Randolph School (Troupe #88517)
Simmons Middle School (Troupe #89100)
Would you like to start a Junior Thespian Troupe? JOIN US!! It is a quick and easy process in which any middle school theater group can take part. Visit the ITS website for information. http://schooltheatre.org/ITS
Speaking of this year’s State Thespian Festival, it is quickly approaching! The Alabama Thespian Board has been working very hard to create more opportunities specifically for our middle school actors. This year, Junior Thespians will have their own adjudication for IE’s which will not only allow them to perform in front of their peers, but will also give them a chance to work with adjudicators that were handpicked for middle school students. In addition, Junior Thespians have two options for attendance which will allow them to attend the festival just on Saturday alleviating the need for an overnight stay. We hope this will help more schools attend. If you have additional questions or concerns, do not hesitate to contact the Chapter Director . We are growing fast! There is no better day than TODAY to join the Alabama Junior Thespian community!
· You may pay the standard $65 fee ($75 after Dec. 9th) per student for their two day participation in this year's festival. If your troupe plans on participating in both days then you ARE eligible to apply for the "send a troupe" scholarship.
· Students may participate in a maximum of TWO individual events. Registrants are not required to participate in individual events to participate in the festival at large.
· All individual event paperwork must be submitted with your troupe registration. Once submitted there are no refunds, but additions and changes can still be made up to the January 10th close of registration.
· All individual event categories are open to junior thespian students.
· Junior IE guidelines are the SAME as the high school guidelines.
· Superior performances WILL be awarded and announced during the closing ceremonies. Those individual events will be eligible to compete at the ITF or JR Thespian Festival.
For rubrics and more detailed information, please visit the link below: